Charlotte Therre > English

본문 바로가기
사이트 내 전체검색

English

페이지 정보

Charlotte Therre

작성일 24-07-03 작성자 디자인비

본문

Charlotte Therre is from Switzerland and has run a design studio TIEL with another designer Joonghan Lee since 2016. She is recently playing a role in building bridges between Switzerland and Korea by frequently taking part in events promoting Swiss culture and art in Korea. I met Charlotte at Sewoon plaza in Euljiro, who settled down in Seoul after becoming fascinated by Korean urban manufacturing business.

What brought you to found a studio in Korea? Was it due to homesickness of another founder, Joonghan Lee? (laugh)
No. It was actually me who had homesickness. (laugh) I once worked at artist Kwangho Lee’s studio as an intern during summer vacation while studying in the Netherlands Design Academy Eindhoven. I fell in love with the distinction and potential of the urban manufacturing industry in Seoul. It is pretty expensive to produce a prototype and hard to find skillful technicians in Europe. On the other hand, Seoul is full of seasoned manufacturing experts lined up here and this is a very attractive aspect to designers. It was impressive to see how flexible and open the Korean design industry is. We barely have good opportunities as young designers like me in Europe. It seemed like we can have more possibility in this ongoing field in Korea.

Company Info

Company : DesignV.I.I
Adress : 1142, Beoman-ro, Geumcheon-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Business registration number : 110-11-58329
Tel : +82-70-4353-0121

Copyright © vr-insight.in All rights reserved.